I. SpecOps Roundtable
Welcome to the Special Operations Roundtable
The Special Operations Roundtable is a group of respected projects elected by the Arbitrum community to steward the growth of the ecosystem.
Comprised of 9 stewards, the Roundtable spearheads key initiatives to accelerate Arbitrum's development. Stewards are chosen through on-chain elections held every 6 months, allowing the community to democratically select its leaders.
The Roundtable's current focus is designing and implementing a pilot grant program for Arbitrum. Grants will fund projects aligned with Arbitrum's values like increasing adoption of Arbitrum Nova, building developer tooling, and supporting community growth.
In addition to grants, the Roundtable researches mechanisms to support contributor wellbeing across Arbitrum. This includes reputation systems, credentialing, joint research, shared resourcing, and reporting tools.
By taking the lead on these initiatives, the Roundtable allows the broader community to focus on building while trusting that Arbitrum's future is in capable hands. The stewards will have been elected for their commitment to transparency, integrity, and serving the ecosystem's best interests.
The Roundtable invites anyone passionate about advancing Arbitrum to get involved! Follow the discussions on the governance forum, participate in elections, or apply for our upcoming grant program. Together, we can build Arbitrum into the leading home for financial applications on Ethereum.
- To gather support for the creation of a SpecOps Roundtable on the Forums.
- Make amendments and create a working proposal to take a snapshot temperature check. (TODAY)
- If supported, raise as a Non-Constitutional AIP to create the SpecOps Roundtable and sequentially choose the 9 founding members.
- Kickoff SpecOps Roundtable forming Grant Procedural Documents for the Proof of Concept in 2024 and handoff steps to replace founding members.
- Ratify Grant Procedure Documents by End of Year 2024.
- Onboard Service Providers and Collect Grant Proposals Q1 2024.
- Q2 First Grant Quarterly Allocations distributed to approved Proposals.
- (2023) Create a Special Operations Roundtable to create the roles, procedures, permissions, and framework for future Grant Processes.
- (2024) Ratify the new Grant Process and run for 1 year, slowly scaling up participants and governance.
- During the Course of the Year, the phase out the Special Operations Counsel Roundtable replacing governance seats with Pledged Seat Holders.
- (2024-2025) Refine the Polycentric Governance framework for autonomous collaboration by the now mature Roundtable.
- Ratify the Polycentric Governance framework for Grant and Ecosystem Development - Constitutional
- Ideas exploring this can be found at https://pledge.blue/